Friday 10am to 11am
ABOUT OUR WALK AND TALK
We walk for 40 to 60 minutes every Friday in and around Glenroy area with a group leader.
Walking makes your heart and lungs work harder and therefore creates many benefits for your health.
In order to join the Walk and Talk Group you will need to be:
- Able to walk for 40 to 60 minutes or have the motivation and capacity to do so.
- You must check with your Doctor that you are fit enough to walk briskly for up to an hour, if you have a health problem.
- If you have other symptoms, like chest pains you should check with your Doctor before joining the group.
For your safety and comfort:
- You should wear good walking shoes or runners that support your foot and ankle.
- Carry a small bottle of water.
- Carry medication with you if required.
- Wear a sunhat and sunscreen.
- Have wet weather gear.
Where we go Walking and Talking:
The group walks in and around the Glenroy area. The group might walk as far North as Jacana Station or as far South Oak Park Station. As a special event once or twice a year the group has walked to a particularly pleasant location such as the Valley (Kingsford Smith Ulm Reserve) to the West of the centre and had a picnic lunch. At other times the group has taken part in orienteering activities around the local area. A decision is usually made on the day or on the way about where the group will walk to on each particular day.
Contact: Hilary Lynch (Neighbourhood House Coordinator)
Phone: (03) 9304 3910